Doing your BTS CI work placement in Greece could be an excellent idea! Greece is an interesting country from a commercial and economic point of view, offering a range of export opportunities.
A BTS CI work placement abroad in Greece
As far as Greek exports are concerned, the country is renowned for its agricultural products such as olives, olive oil, fruit, vegetables and dairy products. The agri-food industry therefore plays an important role in Greek exports. Greece is also known for its cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, wines and spirits.
During your BTS CI work placement in Greece, you may be asked to carry out a number of specific tasks. These may include identifying and prospecting new markets for Greek products abroad, taking part in trade fairs and exhibitions, managing contacts with international customers, organising export operations, coordinating logistics and monitoring shipments.
As an intern, you could also be involved in activities such as developing export strategies, analysing international markets, finding business partners, negotiating commercial contracts and managing the administrative aspects of international transactions.
The BTS CI work placement in Greece would therefore enable you to develop practical export skills, find out how Greek companies operate on international markets and gain valuable experience in international trade.
Safety in Greece: Athens, Thessaloniki, Heraklion
Athens, as the capital of Greece, is a bustling metropolis that welcomes many visitors every year. As in all major cities, it is important to take certain safety precautions. Some areas of Athens may be more prone to crime, so it is advisable to be vigilant, especially in places frequented by tourists. It is advisable to avoid showing ostentatious signs of wealth, to keep an eye on personal belongings and to find out which areas to avoid.
Thessaloniki, Greece’s second largest city, is generally considered safer than Athens. However, it is still important to adopt basic safety measures. Caution should be exercised when it comes to protecting personal belongings, especially in tourist areas and crowded places.
Heraklion, on the island of Crete, is a popular tourist destination. It generally enjoys a relatively high level of security, but it is always advisable to exercise caution. As with any tourist destination, it is advisable to take precautions against pickpocketing and not to leave valuables unattended.
Overall, safety in Greece, including in these major cities, is comparable to that in other European countries. It is important to adopt common safety practices, such as guarding your personal belongings, avoiding poorly lit or little-frequented areas at night and complying with the instructions of the local authorities.
BTS CI work placement in Athens
A BTS CI work placement in Athens offers many interesting opportunities and experiences. Here are just a few of the activities you could enjoy during your placement in this dynamic city:
- Business development: You could be responsible for identifying potential new markets for the company’s products or services in local or international sectors. This would involve market research, competitive analysis and the formulation of appropriate commercial strategies.
- International customer management: You could work with international customers, helping them with their enquiries, meeting their needs and managing business relationships. This could include tasks such as negotiating contracts, following up orders, managing complaints and maintaining good business relationships.
- Participation in trade fairs and exhibitions: Athens regularly hosts international trade events, exhibitions and fairs. You could be involved in organising the company’s participation in these events, preparing stands, presenting products and services, and interacting with visitors and potential customers.
Logistics and export: You could be responsible for coordinating the logistics of export operations, including managing transport, preparing customs documents, tracking shipments and resolving problems related to international logistics.
Now let’s talk about the atmosphere in Athens. The city has a lively, cosmopolitan atmosphere. You’ll find a unique combination of ancient and modern, with fascinating archaeological sites, vibrant neighbourhoods, a rich arts and culture scene and a lively nightlife. The Greeks are known for their friendliness and hospitality, and you can discover their way of life, their delicious cuisine and their love of music and dance.
Athens is also a crossroads of cultures, with a diverse international population. This means you’ll have the opportunity to meet people from different backgrounds, exchange ideas and make international friendships.
The atmosphere of the city will also depend on the time of year when you do your work placement. In summer, the city can be busier with lots of tourists, while during quieter periods you might enjoy a more relaxed atmosphere.
In short, a BTS CI internship in Athens offers a stimulating environment where you can develop your professional skills while discovering the city’s rich culture and pleasant atmosphere.
BTS CI work placement in Thessaloniki
A BTS CI work placement in Thessaloniki also offers many interesting opportunities. Here are just a few of the activities you could enjoy during your work placement in this dynamic city:
- Researching new markets: You could be involved in researching new markets for the company’s products or services. This could include analysing market trends, identifying growth opportunities and proposing strategies to penetrate these markets.
- Developing business relationships: You could be involved in managing existing customers and establishing new business relationships. This would involve meeting with customers, negotiating business deals, responding to their needs and resolving any problems.
- Monitoring export operations: You could be responsible for monitoring export operations, coordinating logistics, monitoring shipments and managing customs documents. This requires a good knowledge of export procedures and international regulations.
- Participation in trade events: Thessaloniki also hosts international trade fairs and exhibitions. You could be involved in preparing the company’s participation in these events, promoting products or services and interacting with visitors and potential customers.
Let’s move on to the atmosphere in Thessaloniki. The city is renowned for its warm, friendly atmosphere. It is known as a student city with a lively cultural life. You can enjoy numerous artistic events, festivals, concerts and a dynamic gastronomic scene.
Thessaloniki has a lively city centre with many cafés, bars, restaurants and shops. You can stroll along the seafront, visit historic sites such as the White Tower and the Archaeological Museum, and discover the rich history and culture of the region.
The atmosphere in the city is often described as relaxed and pleasant. The people of Thessaloniki are renowned for their friendliness and hospitality, which can make it easier for you to integrate into daily and professional life.
In short, a BTS CI work placement in Thessaloniki offers you the chance to gain rewarding professional experience in a pleasant atmosphere. You’ll be able to develop your international business skills while exploring a dynamic city and discovering Greek culture.
BTS CI internship in Heraklion
Doing a BTS CI placement in Heraklion, on the island of Crete, can be a fascinating experience. Here are just a few of the things you could do on your work placement in the city:
- Tourism promotion: Heraklion is a popular tourist destination, and you could be involved in promoting local tourism. This could include attending tourism fairs, developing marketing strategies to attract visitors, coordinating communication with travel agencies and tour operators, and managing relationships with tourism partners.
- Commercial partnership development: You could be responsible for identifying and developing local and international commercial partnerships. This could involve researching potential partners, negotiating commercial agreements, drawing up contracts and managing relationships with partners.
- Managing import-export operations: Heraklion has a busy port, making it a hub of activity for import-export operations. You could be involved in coordinating the logistics of shipments, tracking deliveries, managing customs documents and resolving import-export problems.
- Supporting international customers: If the company you are doing your placement with has international customers, you could be involved in supporting them. This could include responding to their requests, solving problems, coordinating orders and maintaining good business relations.
As for the atmosphere in Heraklion, it’s a vibrant city where you can enjoy a relaxed atmosphere and a Mediterranean way of life. The city has a rich cultural heritage, with historic sites such as the Palace of Knossos, and a lively art and music scene. You can also explore the beautiful beaches of the island of Crete and sample the delicious Cretan cuisine, renowned for its unique flavours.
The people of Heraklion are generally known for their hospitality and friendliness. They are likely to be welcoming and ready to help you integrate into the city’s daily and professional life.
In short, a BTS CI internship in Heraklion will enable you to discover the tourism sector, develop your international business skills and enjoy the pleasant atmosphere of this Mediterranean city.
Now you know more about all the International Horizons destinations for your BTS CI work placement in Greece. Do you have a project? Do you want to talk about it? This is the place to do it :). For more general information about an internship in Greece, we’ve also got a blog for that, and if you want to know about local customs or gastronomy: we’ve thought of everything!
For more general questions, visit the International Horizons Internships Abroad FAQ.