The administrative procedures to do for your internship in Senegal.
Once the validation of your project and the signature of your agreement are done, you can start to prepare yourself !
In order to calmly apprehend your departure, I advise you to get rid of administrative procedures first to avoid any additional stress of the last minute.
First of all, it is necessary to check that all your important documents are up to date, here is a list of all the documents to take with you before a departure in Senegal:
– You will have to check that your passport is valid for 3 to 6 months after your planned return date.
– If you have to create a biometric passport, do not wait, the deadlines are 4 weeks minimum. You can go to any town hall.
– Go to the website of the public service for all passport application procedures.
– The international driver’s license is necessary in Senegal so think about having your national license on you too.
– For all administrative and financial procedures, go to the website of the public service.
You do not have to worry, you do not need a visa since May 2015 to enter Senegal, a concern in less!
– A list of mandatory vaccinations is to be made a few months before your departure in Senegal. You can find the complete list on the website of the Pasteur Institute.
– If you have a doubt or a question, do not hesitate to contact your doctor.
– Once the vaccines have been made, you will have to get your international vaccination record from the immunization institute or directly from your doctor.
To finish with all these administrative steps, think to provide photocopies of your identity papers and here we go!
To avoid inconvenience, I advise you to provide an international credit card. Consider raising the limits of withdrawals and payments from your bank.
For a stay in Senegal, it is necessary to subscribe to the following insurance:
– Civil liability abroad
– Travel modification / cancellation guarantee
– Health assistance / repatriation
– Theft / loss of luggage and valuables
To be able to communicate without worries with your relatives since Senegal, think of adapting your mobile plan with your mobile operator.
Once all these administrative procedure done, you just have to prepare your suitcase. And to go for the Senegalese experience!