Administrative procedures for an internship in Senegal. Once the validation of your project and the signature of your agreement in your pocket, the joys of preparation are yours!
In order to calmly apprehend your departure, I advise you to get rid of the administrative procedures first to avoid any last minute additional stress.
First of all, make sure that all your important documents are up to date, here is a list of all the documents you must have before leaving for Senegal:
– You will need to check that your passport is valid for 3 to 6 months after your intended return date.
– If you ever need to create a biometric passport, don’t wait, the delay is at least 4 weeks. You can apply at any city hall.
– Go to the public service website for all passport application procedures.
Driving licence in Senegal
– The international driving licence is necessary in Senegal so think about having your national driving licence with you as well.
– For all administrative and financial procedures, go to the public service website.
Visa in Senegal
You don’t have to worry about it, you don’t need a visa since May 2015 to enter Senegal, one less thing to worry about!
– A list of mandatory vaccinations must be completed a few months before you leave for Senegal. You can find the complete list on the website of the Pasteur Institute.
– If you have a doubt or a question, do not hesitate to contact your doctor.
– Once the vaccinations have been carried out, you will have to get your international vaccination booklet from the vaccination institute or directly from your doctor.
To get rid of all these administrative formalities, remember to bring photocopies of your identity papers and that’s it!
In order to avoid any inconvenience on the spot, I advise you to bring an international credit card. Remember to increase the limits for withdrawals and payments at your bank.
For a stay in Senegal, it is necessary to subscribe to the following insurances:
– Civil liability abroad
– Trip modification/cancellation guarantee
– Health assistance/repatriation
– Theft/loss of luggage and valuables
To be able to communicate without worries with your relatives from Senegal, think of adapting your mobile package with your mobile operator.
Once all these administrative steps have been completed, all you have to do is prepare your suitcase. The Senegalese experience is yours!
If you’re interested in an internship abroad, feel free to reach us here.
If you want to read more, it’s there 😉